1. My kids have an interest in fishing.
2. The park district loans out fishing rods at the nearby pond.
3. For free.
4. Free fishing rods, especially those used by kids who seem to have about as much respect for stuff as mine do, are worth what you pay for them.
5. It’s harder to go to a store and find fishing equipment than you think.
6. My children have somehow acquired a case of the “MamacanIhaves,” a particularly nasty case that has been building up over time. Any home remedies would be greatly welcomed in the comment section.